Want to Prevent Pests? Follow These Steps for Rodents
Everyday our techs and office staff are asked this same question, “what can I do to prevent pests from coming back, or getting onto my property again?” We understand that nobody wants to have ants, rodents or bed bugs in their home. We understand even more that people really don’t want to spend their hard-earned money on pest control services, that is why we have created this list to help out! While it is impossible to provide instructions on how to never have a pest in your home we can provide some small tips that can help you, and your business stay pest free as long as possible. This week we will be focusing on providing tips on how to limit rodent activity on your property!
Rodents must have adequate food and shelter in order to survive and thrive in an area. Removal of these 2 factors is the best way to prevent, and control rodent problems on your property. It is important to include both the outside and inside of your home in your sanitation efforts always. Here are some ways in which you can sanitize your property both inside, and out which will help reduce your rodent infestation chances in the future.
- Clean areas under stoves, refrigerators and dishwashers; make sure there are no crumbs or grease
- Keep counter tops clear of food and wash everyday
- Do not leave glasses of water out overnight
- Don’t leave dirty items in the sink overnight
- Store dry food, pet food and birdseed in sealed containers; do not leave overnight in bowls
- Clean pet bowls at night.
- Keep storage areas free of clutter
- Keep closets and cabinets organized
- Rodent-Proof hard-to-access areas that tend to be neglected
o Basement windows
o Stone foundations
- Store supplies or materials off the floor
- Install door sweeps on all doors
- Keep grass and weeds cut
- Do not store wood or debris against house
- Make sure all cracks and openings are sealed around foundation
- Keep lids on all trash containers and recycling bins
If you are in the greater Boston area and need Pest Control services Call B&B today. See why B&B Pest Control has been serving the greater Boston area for over 30 years all while being family owned, and operated! See why so many people in the Boston area have trusted B&B with their pest problems for over 30 years! No matter what pest problem residential or commercial contact B&B Pest Control today!