We all know how fun it can be having a backyard BBQ, but we all also know just how annoying pests can be when you’re trying to enjoy your BBQ. That is why B&B and Pest World have created this list to help you better protect yourself from pest while enjoying your backyard BBQ. In this 5 step guide we will help you defend you backyard BBQ from such pests as mosquitoes, ants, and other stinging insects!
- Reduce Stinging Insects – Wasp and other stinging insects like strong fragrances of a wide variety so try to avoid strongly scented items. It is also a good idea to use clear cups or glasses instead of cans, because many stinging insects hid inside the cans and you can’t see inside with them.
- Use Insect Repellent – Mosquitoes are the most active at dusk and dawn so make sure to apply your insect repellent accordingly. Make sure the insect repellent you are using has a good amount of EPA registered active ingredient such as Picaridin and DEET.
- Fix All Holes – Before your backyard BBQ make sure that you fix all the holes in screen doors, and any other holes that can let pests in. If you live in an area with lots of mosquitoes or other pest species remind the guests to close the door behind them to limit entry.
- Keep Clean – Pests like ants are drawn to the food at the backyard BBQ so keeping your area clean is essential. You should always try and clean up any spills or other mistakes that may happen as soon as possible. It is also a good idea to have lots of clean tightly sealed containers, and coolers to keep food secure and safe.
- Remove Standing Water – Mosquitoes breed in water and many pest species are drawn in by water sources, so removing any standing water will greatly reduce your risk of pest species on your property.
Use these 5 steps to help better protect you, and your guest during your backyard BBQ this year. If are dealing with a pest and need help contact B&B Pest Control. Here at B&B we have been serving the greater Boston area for over 30 years removing pests. We can handle any pest problem no matter if it’s for your home or business we have you covered. Contact B&B today and see why so many in the Boston community choose B&B Pest Control.
Stay up to date with the latest information and deals!