Here at B&B Pest Control we are all about protecting you and your property from pests. That is why we created this list of 10 tips you can follow to protect yourself this summer form pests. Follow these tips to help keep pests at bay this summer, and not let them ruin your summer.
- Seal Entry Points – Make sure that you seal all entry points on your home these are common ways that pests enter the home. This includes cracks and other holes in the foundation on your property these can all be used by pests to gain access to your home.
- Keep Kitchen Clean – Pests love left out food or kitchens that are not kept clean it provides them with an easy food source to survive. That is why cleaning up after messes you make in the kitchen is critical to avoiding pests.
- Remove Standing Water – Just like with the food in the kitchen if you have standing water on your property this provides the pests with a water source for survival. Standing water will also draw in pest species that are not yet established so remove all standing water from your property.
- Keep Up With Yard – Make sure that you keep up with landscaping and avoid overgrowth in your yard which is perfect for pests and creating nests. If you have vegetation that is touching your home make sure that you trim it away from your home especially, because of termites.
- Eat Fruit and Veggies You Grow – Don’t let your fruit trees fruit go to waste this often brings in pest species. If you do not want to eat your crop make sure to clean up and dispose of it properly so that you do not draw in more pest species.
- Store Firewood Correctly – If not stored correctly firewood can just draw in different pest species to your home most commonly termites. It is very smart to store firewood 25 feet from the foundation of the home, and if possible to raise the wood 4 inches from the ground to prevent termites from getting into it.
- Don’t Leave Trash Out – If you are throwing away meat or other trash that can possible draw in pest species make sure the trash will only be out there for less than 24 hours. Leaving the stinky trash out there longer will only cause more problems for you trying to keep pests out of your home.
- Leave Outside Toys Outside – Leave these outside toys outside because bringing them into the home can bring unwanted guests with them. If you do have to bring in something from outside make sure that you wipe it down, and clean it thoroughly before you bring it inside.
- Inspect Outdoor Furniture – It is important to regularly check outdoor furniture for pest species as they are a very common area that is infected by pests.
- Contact Pest Control – If you find pests of any kind in your home it is always a good idea to call a licensed professional like B&B Pest Control to figure out the best plan of action.
If you are dealing with pest of any kind this summer no matter if it’s for your home or business contact B&B Pest Control. We can handle any pest problem you might have at B&B Pest Control, and have been eliminating pests in the greater Boston area for over 30 years. See why so many in the greater Boston area call B&B Pest Control if they find any signs of pests!
Stay up to date with the latest information and deals!